CHEF BILL SMITH's CALENDAR
Some of Bill Smith's favorite events over the past few years include:
* Cooking Green Tabasco Chicken and Persimmon Pudding at The Love House, The Center for the Study of the American South.
* Teaching "How to Cook a Whole Duck,"using every part of the duck, at the Southeastern Wildlife Expo.
* Annual pilgrimages to Oxford, MS, for the Southern Foodways Alliance Symposiums.
* Field Trips with the Southern Foodways Alliance, meeting other cooks and learning foodways in Bristol, Va; Appalachicola, FL; Atlanta's Buford Highway; Louisville, KY; Charleston; New Orleans.
* Teaching a weekend of Banana Leaf Tamales at the Viking Range Cooking School in Greenwood, MS.
* A He-said, She-said Bouillabaisse Class with Moreton Neal at A Southern Season in Chapel Hill, NC.
* Demonstrating House-Cured Corned Hams and Ice Cream Creations in Palmetto Bluff, SC.
* Cooking Tamales in Atlanta for the James Beard Fundraiser Sunday Supper South with Anne Quatrano.
* Driving to New York City with his staff for more than a decade to cook together at the James Beard House.
* December 3, 2010 -- Pittsboro, NC -- Southern Foodways Alliance Community Cookbook Oyster Roast and Book Signing w/ John T. Edge and Sheri Castle -- http://www.fearrington.com/village/mcintyres.asp
* December 8, 2010 -- Statewide NC -- WUNC "The State of Things" with John T Edge, talking about the Southern Foodways Alliance -- http://wunc.org/programs/tsot
* December 8, 2010 -- Statewide NC -- UNC-TV with John T. Edge, talking about the Southern Fooways Alliance -- http://www.unctv.org/
* March 3-6 -- Charleston, SC -- Charleston Food & Wine Demo
* April 9-10 -- Greenville, SC -- Potlikker Festival for Southern Foodways Alliance
* May 19-22 -- Little Rock, AR -- Town & Country Culinary Weekend
* June 3-5 -- New York City -- Big Block Barbecue
* June 24-26 -- Lafayette, LA -- Southern Foodways Alliance Field Trip
* October 27-30 -- Oxford, MS -- Southern Foodways Alliance Symposium